Save this as "CFScript.txt", and as Type: All Files (*.*) in the same location as ComboFix.exe
[external image: Posted Image]
Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe. ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.
I'd go ahead and reboot your computer after that and try your Internet Explorer and let me know how that works. Then we can look at your startup items if all seems better.
Ran combofix as directed it froze while it was waiting to print log - at this stage I was getting winpatrol pop ups
IPSBHO.DLL
C:\program files\nortons antivirus\engine\17.9.0.12\ipsbho.dll -\
I chose deny access
That's fine, Norton is notorious for being a bit difficult at times. That was Norton's Browser Helper Object trying to reinstall itself already. Even though you chose to deny, it may pop back up again. If so, just allow it. Norton probably won't give up.
After rebooting the machine, is Internet Explorer opening any faster?
By any chance are you using Winpatrol PLUS or are you using the free version of the program? (I'm only asking because of a particular feature in the PLUS version - not because one causes any kind of a problem - it is an excellent program!)
Winpatrol can be a very valuable tool here. When you open it, you should see a list of Startup Programs. These are all items that are loading at boot time. There may be some things you don't necessarily need to load at boot time that you could live without and that could simply be loaded when you need it.
At this point, your issues do not appear to be related to malware and I'd like to refer you to our Windows Forum for additional help. When posting there, please feel free to include a link to this post in case they need to see any information contained in the logs.
I can't say for sure, but I rather suspect Norton might be the culprit on your slow boot time. It is notorious for bogging down a system. Again, since it is up to date and enabled, I don't want to tell you to change it, but if you should ever decide that you want to change we can certainly offer some free options for you if you should ever want to consider them.
I will leave this thread open for a couple of days in case you need any further assistance from me. Best of luck on the boot time!