This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Differences between Linux and Windows Server

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been studying a web site that uses ASP.NET and so it resides on a Windows Server but it also uses some JScript so it is worth studying. Anyway, I am moving it to a Linux server and I have noticed some differences in the way it handles files. First of all, the Windows Server is not case sensitive. But I also noticed something else. It seems that the Windows Server can have file names with spaces in them like this: "Creative%20Design%20vert_S" where the "%20" is a space. But, when I try to upload this directory to the Linux server using FileZilla it does not seem to work. And then when I try to create the directory, I get an error "Forbidden command argument". So is using %20 in a direcory name illegal in Linux?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI