Doris,
I think it is gone!!!! I have turned on my firewall and mcafee and done the java update and internet options that you suggested before and only after that did I try the yahoo browser and it takes me where it should. Is this over? I will wait to hear what you think this afternoon after viewing my files but I think you have fixed it again:)
Fingers crossed and knock on wood…I think it's over
Congratulations Sue! It looks good to me. If everything is still behaving, I think we can uninstall Combofix now which will reset system restore points and give you a nice fresh one.
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
Click the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
[external image: Posted Image]
If there are any remaining tools or logs on your desktop you can right-click and delete them.
I would strongly suggest you make a fresh system image at this point. Depending on how much data changes on your machine, you might want to consider a monthly full system image. With Windows 7 and an external hard drive it really is a pretty painless process. This will give you additional peace of mind since there are times when it may not be possible (or even advisable) to try and recover from malware.
You did a great job! I'm so glad we were able to fix this with no loss of data for you. If you should have any trouble in the future, you know we are here to help you.
Thank you so much for all of your help!!! I am so grateful for your patience, your knowledge, and your cool head throughout the nightmare I had going on!
I could never have gotten through that without you:) If I ever have another computer problem I will not hesitate to come back to the people like you who are angels of mercy
for people like me who don't know what they are doing. God bless you for your kindness. I have donated once to show my appreciation and will donate again.
Doris…you are awesome!!!!
Sue