This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dell Inspiron Display Issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520. The laptop display has suddenly become very dim. Here is the problem. When I switch on the computer, I see the Dell logo for a second or two, then I hear a sound near monitor and the display becomes extremely dim (I can barely see anything). If I connect this to a external monitor, the display seems to be fine. Could someone suggest possible solutions to this? I was looking at getting a replacement monitor from Dell itself. I wasnt sure if replacing the current monitor will solve the problem. Futher, I just noticed that as I turn on the laptop, the fan doesnt seem to run. Is this normal? Could the two issues be connected? Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI