JayBG,
I'm glad your machine, with new graphics card, is now doing most of what you hoped.
A much celebrated, though mythical, fellow by the name of Salvor Hardin once said:
"To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well."
You have improvised and succeeded.
However, I agree with Lee who urges you to investigate the sufficiency of your power supply.
Power supply is the foundation of your machine.
And generally speaking, you are using older hardware and an older operating system to handle ever increasing and more complicated software applicaitons and processes.
Your present machine may handle all that you wish for the next couple of years, at which time you will be faced with upgrading due to end-of-life-cycle of Windows XP.
I'm happy for your present success, and happily encourage you to begin thinking about your future next rig.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI