Hello
I just rplaced my 15" big monitor with a flat screen 17".
My xp sp3 resolution choices are 1024x600 up to 1360x768.
During the software installation I think the directions said to set it to 1140x? but I do not have an 1140.
I have tried to scroll for the best reception which seems to be 1024x768 but either the letters are too big or too small although the small are almost acceptable. It is set to 32 bit.
Would moving up to an 18" screen help or is there an other issue to lo consider?
Pc is Dell and the screen is Acer. Money is a factor.Thank you
Hi Grampy Pete,
Have you tried one by one all the options offered or just the ones mentioned in your post.
If not try to resolve by reading again the directions in full, or give a call to the supplier for assistance. There would be a support/warranty for you to receive help via the telephone…….yes?
Best regards, and post again if you cannot resolve the issue as another volunteer will come by I am sure.
Boy am I displaying a host of issues.
Yes, I did try all seven choices and only one is close to acceptable. It is a bit too small however.
I will try calling the manufacturer as you suggest.
A 20" screen is only a few more dollars so I will ask if that would help.
Thank you
Boy am I displaying a host of issues.
Yes, I did try all seven choices and only one is close to acceptable. It is a bit too small however.
I will try calling the manufacturer as you suggest.
A 20" screen is only a few more dollars so I will ask if that would help.
Thank you
Before taking any drastic action, in IE, go to view, and enlarge the text size by scrolling down and choosing
"Largest". Then close and open your browser again.
I tried 'largest' but the view was the same.
I called customer support to register and they gave me the tech support # which I will call tomorrow when they open.
I'll let you know.
Thanx again
I called Acer tech support and they said the issue is not uncommon.
My video card is 5 years old so I need a new one at about $100. My highest resolution is about 1300x800 and the flat panel needs 1140x900.
I have decided to keep the old and not pour bad $ afer good and when a major issue arises, try to get a new machine with current trimmings.
This issue, like the others, has provided me with more information for which I am grateful.
The other issue[ERUNT.EXE] in the Windows forum was resolved with information from ztrucker; it had to do with showing hidden file extensions in msie. Coincidentally, the green file I luckily was using was the .EXE extension that eluded me.
All issues are currently resolved so I'll give many a needed rest and wish all a,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hello
Since I posted this topic last winter, I have had more problems with my desktop 16" monitor being too small to accomodate the rapidly growing need for larger screens. The monitor I bought, then returned, used 1140 x 900 for resolution. I have 800 x 600 as the lowest resolution and 1280 x1024 as the highest with 5 choices in between, i.e., 1024x768,1152x865,1280x720,1280x768,1280x960.
I reread that I could buy a new video card for about $100 but forgot if they still make monitors that would accomodate my pc's resolution.
I am trying to figure whether it is better to buy the card or spend a few more dollars and get a new flat screen tv, that is if one will fit my pc's settings.
My lap 15" has;800x600,1024x768,1280x1024,1400x1050.
I don't know if giving these numbers is unecessary but I am unsure of what a person uses to determine what they purchase.
I see the smaller laptop with the larger resolution provides coverage of an entire page legibly while the larger desktop with smaller resolution numbers does not allow one to view some full pages unless the resolution is changed so the print becomes to small to read.
I hope I have provided enough information so I can make an infrmed choice as to cost worthyness and details that allow me to purchase a functional product.
Thank you for listening and I'll be searching.
Thank you
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI