Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help With Dos Commands To Fix An Update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 robopark

robopark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:58 AM

Hello, I am Scott, can someone help me, I have a windows xp office pro sp3 update file and it will not install, the ohotfix.exe file is corrupt and will not open cabinet files. I have downloaded a fix from microsoft, but my dos commands are not good! Microsoft wrote : To apply a client update file using OHotFix, you first extract the individual MSP files from the client update EXE package and then run OHotFix from a command line to deploy the update to the computer. You can extract the files from the client update file by using a command line similar to the following: C:\path to update file\MyUpdate.exe /c /t:C:/folder for extracted files After you extract the MSP files from the client update package, copy them to the same folder in which you installed the OHotFix files. You can disregard the OHotFix EXE, INI, and DLL files included with the client update package — the new versions provided with this update replace all previous versions. I have two directories in windows I made officeu and officeu2 and have tried this command on the run line. c:/windows\officeu\myupdate.exe/c/t:c:\windows\officeu2 I don't know why the t: is this line, I get error bad syntax Thanks if you can help! Scott I have a dialup connection and the file is big or I would just download again. This took 6 hours on flashget.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:25 AM

Have you tried downloading a new copy of ohotfix.exe here:

http://www.microsoft...urn/Ohotfix.htm

to replace your corrupted one?

As for your DOS command, this would be the correct syntax:

c:\windows\officeu\myupdate.exe /c /t:c:\windows\officeu2

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 robopark

robopark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:48 AM

Micha, The c:\windows\officeu\myupdate.exe /c /t:c:\windows\officeu2 is what i have tried. Says unknown command or bad batch files, I tried the office updat in both files? Thanks

#4 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:56 AM

c:\windows\officeu\myupdate.exe /c /t:c:\windows\officeu2

The command will only work if this file:

myupdate.exe

is in this folder:

c:\windows\officeu

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#5 robopark

robopark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:23 AM

Micha, Thanks so much for your help! The file I get from the MSN site is called offins.exe when I run thet I have 3 files. all are called ohotfix Where does myupdate.exe come from? My dowmloade 58, 544 service pack 3 is called OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu I don't follow how you can open? Scott

#6 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:43 AM

Maybe the command should be this:

c:\windows\officeu\ohotfix.exe /c /t:c:\windows\officeu2

:scratch:

The instructions on the web page are as clear as mud to me. :rofl:

#7 robopark

robopark

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

Micha, Thank you ever so very much for taking the time and hellping me! I got file to do something, using c:\windows\officeu\offint.exe /c /t:c:\windows\officeu2 The command was excepted, the maybe a dialog box is open somewhere, hard to tell with this clutter. Today was the first time I spent tooking for stuff and instructions on msn..............They are worse than bad...I agree clear as MUD. My download was started over 3 times from disconnects on diialup. I searched MSN for a downloader to re-start an interuption, couln't find anything and site is ???? I learned that I can use Flashget to download updates, much better than MSN default. I quit till I have a freind dl with a better connection and load with disk.