This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

[one notification with 2 issues]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

During a routine M.S. update scan the screen showed that there were two optional updates;

1- W. D. driver (WD SES) - [gave little information].
I checked the device manager and all was apparently ok.
I updated, made a new rescue disc, then performed an image and verification with seemingly no problem.
I do not know if the update was for the external drive or the pc. s there any way of knowing?

2-My related update question has to do more with the second update as it failed.
It said I was supposed to install the xp sp3 cd which I do not have.
I inserted the original os disc but I knew it was asking for a more recent file.
**Because I do have XP sp 3 installed and updated from M.S., I do not understand why it considers the file missing.
The file name is - Ksuser.dll
Sigma tel C - Major Audio is what it referred to.
Is there a way for a person with low to medium skills to find, and install the file it is requesting, then follow through to allow the update to succeed?
Thank you
Click Start -> Run.

Copy and paste the following command: copy %systemroot%\ServicePackFiles\i386\ksuser.dll %systemroot%\system32

This will restore the file from the installed service pack to the appropriate place, if it is really missing.

When it comes to Windows XP, avoid installing any hardware updates via Windows update. They are guaranteed to break something.

If you want to update drivers, please visit the manufacturer's website that makes your computer and check under the "Support and drivers" section.

Note: If you still receive the error and are prompted for the location of the ksuser.dll file then browse, and point it to the c:\windows\system32 folder to find the ksuser.dll.
Yes, I will be using the Maufacturer's site for downloads.I ecountered an issue and will be right back.
Sorry for the delay. I copied and pasted the exact run command into the run box but it said , "Windows cannot find a copy." It said to do a search. Was the copy paste appropriate?
Sorry. You can't execute that command from the start -> run box. So, Click start -> run -> type CMD and press ENTER. At the command prompt, copy and paste the line I provided above.
I hope to save you some time as I know all of you are very busy with important issues. I have read this thru and thru and it seems Sigma Tel C Major Audio was published 1/26/07 and is labeled Q319908. I think the Ksuser.dll file is in an update of 11/04 and I need the device driver in sp3 cd which I do not have. >>I kept trying the cmd and pasted copy %systemroot%\ServicePackFiles\i386\ksuser.dll %systemroot%\system32 There a reply in the black box "overwriteC:\wondows\system32\Ksuser/dll yes/no/all Please advise
The ksuser.dll file is not missing. So there is no need to proceed further with trying to copy the file. Please provide more information about your computer so we can properly resolve this problem. What brand, what model, service tag, etc. Are you having a problem with your sound? What is it that you are trying to do and having a problem with?

The ksuser.dll file is not missing. So there is no need to proceed further with trying to copy the file.

Please provide more information about your computer so we can properly resolve this problem. What brand, what model, service tag, etc.

Are you having a problem with your sound? What is it that you are trying to do and having a problem with?



>I think I have taken enough of your time. All of you at WTT have serious issues to deal with.
My old laptop is showing its age so we can stop here because I do at least have sound.
I hid the update so not to be bothered.
I was curious if restoring what the update wanted was easy so it would install successfully but it requires more work than it is worth.
Thank you for the time you have spent.
Peter
Well, like I said, if the problem is that you can't install a hardware update from Windows update then just stop trying to install it. :) If you want to update the sound drivers, visit the manufacturer's website and downloaded the newest sound driver package and install it. It will probably work fine. However, with drivers, with the exception of a few performance and stability enhancements, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Anyways, take care.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI