Well, I was on my computer, just facebooking it up when all of a sudden, internet explorer kept closing out. Around the third time it closed out, and sent me back to the desk top, a system fix thing came up telling me my harddrive was done for and that I needed to buy it to fix it. Of course, I knew that was BS. The computer wouldn't run if so. So after a little research, I've learned I have this system fix spyware. Problem is, how the hell do I fix this? It won't let me boot the computer in safemode at all. It's not even no longer on my startup menu when I press f8. Not only that but I can't load any disks. The only thing that works on it is all my messengers and steam. I can't get on internet explorer at all nor chrome. And all my programs and files seem to have been wiped clean. There's nothing on my start menu nor on my desktop.
When I boot the computer up, skype signs in like normal and then system fix comes up along with about 30 error messages that I have to x out of. What do I do? I can't load any antivirus disks nor get on the internet. And not only that but it seems to have hidden my system restore settings too. :/ Please help! Also computer is a Dell XPS 430i Quad core running 2.33ghz.
Hi and Welcome!! My name isJeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Watch Topic button to the right of your topic title and then choosing the notification method ( Recommended: Inmediate Notification)
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS losing all your programs and data.
Vista and Windows 7 users: These tools MUST be run from the executable (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
———-
RKill
Print out these instructions as we may need to close every window that is open later in the fix.
It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 5 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
rkill.exe
rkill.com
rkill.scr
WiNlOgOn.exe
uSeRiNiT.exe
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
————-
Please download DDS from either of these links
LINK 1 LINK 2
and save it to your desktop.
Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
————————————————— Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.
[external image: Posted Image] Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries.
———-
In your next reply let me know if you have any problems running the tools or post the logs created by both DDS and GMER.