This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Spyware/Malware infection - Please help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there, I'm afraid to say that my computer may have been infected by spyware/malware. I was searching on Google during a break and clicked on one of the links when all a sudden all these error message windows kept popping up. The message says: "System message - Write Fault Error: A write command during the test has failed to complete. This may be due to a media or read/write error. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address." My computer then restarted itself. :o Now whenever I turn on my machine, this window titled: "S.M.A.R.T. Check" keeps running. Microsoft Security Essentials also keeps popping up asking to clean the computer. Everytime I finish running MS Essentials, it prompts me a restart is required but it doesn't seem to be of help. Anyway, all my desktop items except the recycle bin have all disappeared. The wallpaper on the desktop has gone too. When you press on the Windows's Start button, most of the program's are gone. The one's that are still visible, say the folder is "(empty)". I cannot seem to get to a browser so I can use the internet. I had to resort to sending this message on my mobile. I'd be very grateful for any help ASAP. Oh boy, I was suppose to be doing my coursework and now this happens. Talk about bad luck. :pullhair: Many thanks, JB
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons: 1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required 2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval 3.) Abusive language or other problems in your text 4.) Your topic is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help. ==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI