This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

transfer backup

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I will be getting a replacement external hard drive. I backed up my 2nd pc to my 2T external drive along with my 1st pc.. When the replacement drive arrives, can I copy and paste the backup from the 2T to the 1T or is there a better way? Thanx
Hi Peter, You would need to plug-in both external HDDs to your computer to move data from one external drive to the other. Failing that, you would need to move the data from your old external drive to your PC and then move it to your new drive. Cheers, Lee

Hi Peter,

You would need to plug-in both external HDDs to your computer to move data from one external drive to the other.
Failing that, you would need to move the data from your old external drive to your PC and then move it to your new drive.

Cheers,
Lee





I will first try to image the lap to the empty drive. if it works as it should, I will remove the image from the 2T drive.
If it does not, once I copy from the 2T drive I will then paste it to the 1T drive. Both HDDs would be plugged into the laptop which needs the image back up. On second thought, it does not matter which pc is involved as long as both HDDs are pluggged in to make the copy and paste. I hope that is right and thank you.
yes you can just drag and drop the files from the 2tb drive to the 1 tb drive. if your first going to try and create an image to the 1tb drive anyway(leave 2tb drive unplugged) and it doesn't work, before doing anything else find out why it didn't work.. :D :popcorn:

yes you can just drag and drop the files from the 2tb drive to the 1 tb drive.

if your first going to try and create an image to the 1tb drive anyway(leave 2tb drive unplugged) and it doesn't work, before doing anything else find out why it didn't work.. :D

:popcorn:




>I understand and thank you

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI