This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Virus? Malware?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm having some admin permissions issues. I tried to delete a folder I should be able to delete and got an error message saying I didn't have permission to do so. I tried to delete another folder and got the same thing. Today I went back and tried to delete them both again and one let me and the other wouldn't allow again. Ran norton and found nothing. Just ran two spyware programs from this site and neither found anything. I've never added a sign on password to this computer and have always been the administrator. Any suggestions? Also just realized it says I must get permission from SYSTEM to make changes to the folder.
Is this the same machine: 1. upon which one of your friends installed Windows 7 but did not leave the official installation media and ID for your ownership? or 2. The laptop with the malfunctioning Optical Drive unit? __________________________________________________ Note: There are hundreds of Folders, and thousands of files, that you should not mess with and which should not be deleted. If Windows is denying you access, then it may be for an important reason! __________________________________________________ Before we could help, we would need to know a few things: a. The machine model and Windows operating system version (XP home or pro, Vista, Windows 7) b. verification that the Windows operating system is complete, legitimate, and fully installed without corrupted files c. What "folder" exactly are you attempting to Delete, and why. Since your problem is stated as "difficulty with permissions and inability to delete a folder" this may be more appropriately a Windows problem and less likely a virus/malware issue. I'll move your Topic over to the Microsoft Windows Forum where you can post the additional necessary information, as listed above. Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI