This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

this message appears at the top of most webpages

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

'An add-on for this site failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts'. The above message has been appearing now since before the weekend and the sites where I get the message are all ones I use regularly, this one included. Never had any trouble with them before. I wouldn't know where to start looking for conflicts in Internet Options and I haven't changed anything in Internet Options. Can anyone give me some advice, please. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Thanks for the reply. I have reset all the zones to default. I'll let it run for a day or two and let you know if it solved the problem. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley
Sorry to say this has not worked. I have tried other suggestions from the post you gave, but no luck. I am getting this on 9 out of 10 webpages. Most of the websites are ones I have used for years, but I am only having this problem now. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley
Hi hedley, Ok all understood next suggestion try running Internet Explore without add ons, and see if this helps Let us know how it goes regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI