I just received the BSOD from error NV4_Disp. I am running XP on a Dell XPS 410. The computer is an 2006. It is running Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE. I have reloaded the driver from the Nvidia site with the help from their customer service. I am using Nvidia Graphics Driver version 285.38. After "fixing" this problem, everything was fine for about 48 hours, then it happened again. I believe it is a problem the driver is having with iTunes. I have crashed 6-8 times now and I keep reinstalling driver for a temp. fix. Unlike others who have had this problem, I can run in safe mode without problems or if I disable the Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE in the device manager, I can run normal. I am wondering if at this time if I need to replace the graphics card? If so, what should I get for my system? Any help or solutions would be very much appreciated.
Hi Erikjp,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.
We really need to see the full error codes from your BSOD if we are to zero in on the problem……
the next time you get the BSOD please copy down the complete details and post them back in this topic.
In the meantime have you done any crash dump analysis?
Please visit:
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads
download Whocrashed 3.02 run it and let us see the report and we will do our best to assist.
Regards
paws
After running http://www.resplendence.com/downloads, I received this as my first BSOD, however, as I stated above, I have crashed more times and other reports come up as well, but this is the one that started my problems. I also ordered VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card 900270, this was based on the Nvidia GEforce 7300 LE card not accepting the updates. I spoke with Dell, and they told me that it is most likely the graphics card that is damaged?
Mon 10/3/2011 11:50:49 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100311-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nv4_mini.sys (nv4_mini+0x53AC4)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000EA (0xFFFFFFFF87B02968, 0xFFFFFFFF8A2852A0, 0xFFFFFFFFB84DBCBC, 0x1)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nv4_mini.sys
product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 163.71
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 163.71
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nv4_mini.sys (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 163.71 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nv4_mini.sys NVIDIA Corporation THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
Hi Ok. all understood
If Dell told you it was a problem with the graphic card please advise what happened when you replaced the graphic card…. did the problem go away or does it still cause a crash?
It would still be helpful to have the complete error code from the BSOD….
When replying do you have a live Linux disc you could boot to… ubuntu, Puppy etc….?
Regards
paws
Paws,
I received the new card today, VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card,. I was told by Dell that this was a compatable card for my system. I removed the softaware, the old card,(I have been able to run everything with it disabled) and installed the new one. I thought I would be up and running today. Unfortunately, after I installed the new card, the monitor told me there was no signal. I called VisionTek, and the rep. Told me the new card is D.O.A. I will have a new replacement tomorrow, Amazon is sending it next day mail. The computer cycled up, and I heard everything run, I just couldn't view the screen. I am unsure at this time if it is the card, the settings for display or what? I guess I will find out tomorrow.
Paws,
We have a successful installation. The new graphics card arrived and has been installed without incident. The computer seems to be lagging a little, so I am defragging all the hard drives right. Hopefully this will fix that problem? Thank you for all your help and assistance. I am sure I will be back in the future unfortunately. Cheers, Erik