This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

audio and pics don't match slows right down

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there everyone I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 which is just over a year old. When I go online and try to play something (youtube, DVD) usually after about half an hour it starts to slow right down, the audio goes first and then its like watching in slow motion before it stops completely. I recently installed skype and the same thing happens except that a dialogue box opens telling me that skype toolbars is not working (when Im not using skype), when I click out of that, it then tells me it has crashed and then the problem begins. I have been told to stop background applications and have tried that but the same thing still happens. The other day I had 2 hours online without any problems only for it to happen again. I dont know what to do. My 'computer activity' is very conservative to say the least, all I do is go online watch youtube, facebook and check my emails. I dont download things at all and I have not expended much memory at all. Please help, thanking you all in advance.
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums, sorry to hear of the problems with your computer. It might be worth trying this as a first step: 1 Make a note of your settings in Skype, (usernames, passwords and your friend's Skype names etc.) and then uninstall Skype, make sure you uninstall it (dont just delete files or folders!) 2 Next close down your computer in the normal way (a full shutdown) not just a Sleep/Hibernate etc) 3 Wait for 30 seconds with a blank black screen and then power on your computer 4 Wait for 5 minutes (by the clock, not a second earlier) and then try your Internet and you tube etc… 5 See if there is any improvement…give it a good trial and then post back with how it's going Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI