This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Disabling onboard graphics, no bios screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All
I am hoping I can get some help here.
Problem: I have a MSI N1966 motherboard and the onboard graphics has blown.
It has a pci-e slot so I bought a pci -e graphics card.
I have to get into the bios to disable the onboard graphics and change the setting to pci.
I cannot do this with no onboard graphics to boot into bios.

I have tested the graphics card in my other pc and did the successful bios change.
Is there any way that I can reset the graphics jumper so it can accept the new graphics card.
If I reset the bios, will it also work?

I need help here and wonder if antone else has been faced with this problem..
Hi Bushbaby, Welcome to WTT :thumbup: If you have no graphics at all, how do you know your onboard graphics is blown or that it is not your screen or your mottherboard that is hosed? Cheers, Lee
Hi Lee I have tested the graphics card on my other MB..it works..The MB I am dealing with now is working because the hard drive runs, fans too..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI