dj92
Topic Starter
HI guys,
Had my Compaq Evo 510sff for a few years with no problems. Had Ubuntu installed on it and decided to put on W7.
Trying to remove and reformat the HDD was a nightmare as it wouldn't let me do the operation. Took the HDD out and connected it as an external drive on my laptop and I was able to format the disc. I then replaced the HDD in the Evo and tried to install W7 OS but it didn't install. Went into boot to get it to boot from HDD but the drive was not showing up on the boot menu. I then tried to work round it but it still will not show up in boot.
Removed it again and connected it to laptop and it shows up OK on that, replaced in Evo still with no luck.
I then had an idea to re-install the ubuntu on the disc and to partition the disc but even that would only load up but would not install.
Been back to it several times with no luck.
Anyone got any ideas please?
The Evo is a 510 sff with 2Gb P4 processor with 1.5Gb ram.
I want to use this to play videos etc linked into my TV as a monitor and, if I can get it to install W7, I can network it from my main PC.
I am waiting on another HDD to arrive and try that in the PC in case it is the HDD that is fried (can't see that somehow if it shows up as an external on the laptop.
Not that clever with computers but know enough to get by.
Thanks for looking.