This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

imaging

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was posting in another thread and wandered into this topic so thought it appropriate to start a new topic. It had to do with imaging choices as a second choice as I already have paid Acronis for the desktop pc. I wanted to let the forum know about the free Acronis. There were three issues that I am not sure about; 1-unable to verify 2-time running displays as 5 minutes for a long time and keeps resetting itself. 3-It was difficult to loacate my backup but with perserverance it was possible. I did not recover as my system is running well but wanted to report back. I am unsure of choices because on the one hand Acronis(paid) has had a good track record for recovery in my house yet Macrium can verify and seems a bit more stable. It too has recovered but failed once. Maybe it boils down to getting what you pay for b/c Wd was advertising to move to the paid version of Acronis. Acronis free, Macrium free or Win 7? Btw, Win 7 recovered twice so it is a contender for those who just want disaster recovery w/o bells. .
I was wrong, again, about not being able to validate. Unlike the Acronis paid version where validation is either obvious or in 'tools', you validate as one step along the process of creating the image. In other words, it is not evident until you are into the setting up of the image process itself. I am perfoming an image creation,with a name, as I type and all is going well enough where I am going to use this as my second pc's imaging program over Macrium and Win 7. I hope this brief information is of help to some other participant.
Hi Peter. I didn't know there was an Aconis free version. Do you have a link for it? I used the $$$ version and am very satisfied with it. Likewise with Macrium. I've restored with it many times and never a problem. Many thanks.
If you have a WD, Seagate, (maybe Maxtor -not sure of that one) HDD, you can get a light weight version of Aconis. It really works well with my laptop and is much like the full version. I typed in Bing search "free Acronis WD" and that was how I got it. I know if you type other hot words it will pop up for you too depending on your HDD. Please let me know how you do or if I can be of help. Especially see my previous post about validating.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI