This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Thinking about backup?

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just noticed that Acronis True Image Home 2010 is on sale for $29.95 from their web site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

I use it on my Windows 7 Pro X64 system and it works great.

No, I am not associated in any way with Acronis, I just like this product.
Ztruker imagine this. Rule You buy new nice computer. Make two partitions, one for OS, applications and settings, and second for personal data files. Install OS, AV program and Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. Create compressed image file of first partition on the second partition or external HD. Routine Now you can enjoy with your computer, and create image file every month. Back up you data on DVD or external HD at least once a month. Relax Too many things can happen to crash a computer, but you are protected. You can use that backup image to recover from system failures, spyware infections, wrong installations even unstable Windows Updates. $29.95 – YES worth arTech
arTech, good thinking.. :thumbup: This is what I tell my customers all the time. Fortunately they do not take my advice………. I say fortunately because if they took my advice and followed your/my recommendations my shop would close down due to lack of work…. as it is I have more work than I can comfortably handle! Regards paws
I am amazed at the number of people who use their computer to run small business from their home that do not have any kind of backup. If they have a problem, especially if their hard drive dies, the consequences can sometimes be catastrophic for them. I would like to see the big box vendors push baking up, even if only data and not the OS or installed software. With all the crapware they foist off on people, why not add one useful one which would be some kind of online backup with a 3 month trial and make it reasonable, like $49.95 a year. Have the first boot experience walk people through setting this up. Use it as a selling point. I do this with Acronis now with just my data. I also do full and incremental backup to a 2nd internal drive and every few moths to an external drive. Being somewhat paranoid about this I also use a program called Mirror Folder to backup my data to my other computer running Windows XP Pro. Overkill? Prhaps, but I have never lost a single byte of data since I first began using computers (back when they were made out of stone :whistling: )

Just noticed that Acronis True Image Home 2010 is on sale for $29.95 from their web site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

I use it on my Windows 7 Pro X64 system and it works great.

No, I am not associated in any way with Acronis, I just like this product.



Macrium Reflect has just go a new Version out and IT works GREAT too …and it cost ZERO $$$ !
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

Includes a Bart PE boot Rescue disk setup.

No, I am not associated in any way with Macrium, I just like this product. :woot:
Paragon has just go a new Backup & Recovery 10.2 Edition and IT is GREAT too …and it cost ZERO $$$ !
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/index.html

Includes Cyclic, Complete, Differential Backup, Backup Scheduller, Capsule, Any backup destination, Complete Restore, Restore an entire disk, separate partitions or only files you need, …

No, I am not associated in any way with Paragon, I just like this product.

arTech

PS: 2010 Disk Imaging Software Review Product Comparisons
arTech, no, I still have System Restore enabled. One more way to fix a problem. Costs me nothing except some disk space and has worked well the couple times I've used it. Also allows me to try things related to System Restore when responding to problems here and on other forums.

I also use Acronis Try & Decide occasionally when trying something I'm unsure of or concerned about.

Guess we need to make this a hot key for WTT, with a fill-in-the-blank window: No, I am not associated in any way with __________, I just like this product.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI