This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 22H2 Build - 22621. 963

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am using Macrium free which will charge in Jan. 1 of 2023.

I also have M.S.  Home and Student 2019 one-time charge expiring in Oct. 2023.

I have spent time looking for free alternatives and it appears you get what you pay for.

I only need Word, but I like not being online so I will use the stand-alone version.

Atlantis free was almost a good choice but I could not paste to Atlantis with both text and image at a sensitive site.

I see where Windows has restored Backup and restore with Win. 11 and it worked, but not as easily as Macrium.

I see no harm in using Windows 11 Backup and Restore as long as I have Macrium also to depend upon.

I am not as certain about Windows backup and restore as I am of Macrium Reflect so would not use it w/o Macrium.

The reason I am rambling is I wanted a second opinion about the course I have chosen and if someone would like to suggest a better way of configuring their choices. I am happy to report there are no issues at this time but am always open to ideas from those more skilled.

Peter, have you looked at Apache Open Office? If not, check it out.

 

Here’s a list of the software packages you’ll have access to:

  • Writer: This tool is a word processor for writing any content you require, such as letters, reports, and articles.
  • Calc: You can use this powerful spreadsheet to analyze, calculate, and present information with advanced graphical reporting.
  • Impress: Here’s a program you’ll need for multimedia presentations when you need to impress your clients at the next meeting.
  • Draw: If you have some artistic skill or requirements, you can design anything from plain diagrams to 3D drawings.
  • Base: This feature lets you create and manipulate database information with ease, providing forms, queries, tables, and reports to use for your next project.
  • Math: You won’t find a mere calculator here. The module has several formulas, presenting a straightforward interface to edit any of the inputs to receive a solution.

 

 

As for Windows Backup and restore, I would not use it or depend on it. Spend the money and get Macrium Reflect Home for $69.95. It's a lifetime license.

Rich

M.S. Home and Student 2019, which I have, states mainstream [other than security] ends in 2023 and security ends 2025.

Does it sound safe to use to 2025 or would you renew in Oct. 2023 per my license?

 

I already removed Windows Backup and Restore and plan on buying the $69.95 Macrium Reflect. I think it expires as free in 1-1-24. I leave the external drives disconnected in case of a strike so forfeit incremental scheduling. but do have frequent full backups-I always keep the full back up after a clean install.

I have yet to read about Aache but will do so asap. 

Appreciate the help.

Peter

 

M.S. Home and Student 2019, which I have, states mainstream [other than security] ends in 2023 and security ends 2025.

Does it sound safe to use to 2025 or would you renew in Oct. 2023 per my license?

 

What is the cost to renew? If it's reasonable then that is what I would do.

 

Sounds like you have it covered.

 

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

I believe it is $79. and will do a little later as I have until 1-1-24

I know you are very busy and I don’t mean to bother you. I just wanted to send you a warm Christmas Greeting!
As I write, it is but one week until Christmas.
Regardless of your beliefs, image if it is true that God, our creator, did send his Son to earth to convey his Blessed hopes for us.
When I take a moment to think of this thought, I am truly comforted and amazed at such a prayer.
I wish you all a Blessed Christmas at this very special time.
Blessed Christmas to you all.
XO,
Santa

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI