This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows update errors, Skype knocked out

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey Folks, So once again, I have been through the malware/virus hoops with Tom K, and all is well in that department. My issues now seem to be around updates… 1. Get a notification on startup that "Windows has blocked some startup programs" 2. Getting "errors" and windows update fails. 3. Skype is being blocked from getting through Windows firewalls…. I am a Luddite…so I need descriptive language…not techtalk…your patience will be required…and maybe a shot or two of whiskey. Kinda desparate to get my skype up and running…..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI