Ferguson
Topic Starter
To begin, recently we had an issue with a java updater file. I did not recognize the file itself, and quickly preformed a search to verify the program.
While searching, I found mixed results, some saying it was simply a Java updater file, others saying that it was highly infectious IF it was located in my system32 folder, and not the java folder itself. Turns out, Jucheck.exe was indeed located in the System32 folder, thus beginning my hunt to discover the truth.
We ran a series of scans, and after much work, everything seemed to be legit. Here is the previous thread dealing with that situation. http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry738641
The main issue that I am concerned about now, is possibly not viral related, but everytime he goes to startup his computer since our quest to solve the Jucheck issue it can take anywhere from 3-7+ minutes to simply turn the computer on and start it up. My first assumption would be to go into the startup programs menu and disable any that are not vital to the initial start-up of the computer. However, just now while in the process of doing so, the computer completely froze up, allowing me to do nothing at all for about 4 minutes. After that, everything I had tried to do just come all at once, like letting a kink out of a waterhose.
Also, his anti-virus program, McAfee, somehow it kept disabling itself, so I uninstalled that and instead installed Avast! and am currently running a full system scan on it.
Whatever information you guys may be able to give me surely would put me in a better place then I stand now! Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
While searching, I found mixed results, some saying it was simply a Java updater file, others saying that it was highly infectious IF it was located in my system32 folder, and not the java folder itself. Turns out, Jucheck.exe was indeed located in the System32 folder, thus beginning my hunt to discover the truth.
We ran a series of scans, and after much work, everything seemed to be legit. Here is the previous thread dealing with that situation. http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry738641
The main issue that I am concerned about now, is possibly not viral related, but everytime he goes to startup his computer since our quest to solve the Jucheck issue it can take anywhere from 3-7+ minutes to simply turn the computer on and start it up. My first assumption would be to go into the startup programs menu and disable any that are not vital to the initial start-up of the computer. However, just now while in the process of doing so, the computer completely froze up, allowing me to do nothing at all for about 4 minutes. After that, everything I had tried to do just come all at once, like letting a kink out of a waterhose.
Also, his anti-virus program, McAfee, somehow it kept disabling itself, so I uninstalled that and instead installed Avast! and am currently running a full system scan on it.
Whatever information you guys may be able to give me surely would put me in a better place then I stand now! Thanks so much for your time and consideration.