This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win7 ultimate

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I installed win7 at one stage I was given a choice to create a partition to install win. 7. I am sure that after creating C with 100GB out of 2TB I was not given a chance to create more partitions like in XP. After installation when I tried to create more partitions I was given the choice of creating New Volume E and later F. So, C+E+F took all 2TB. The dvd drive is listed as drive D: Later I plugged in an external drive which the system named G. I clicked on a folder so it would change colour anf I would move it to another disk(Partition). That did not happen. So I right clicked on the folder and the drop down menu said" Send to" but then it would not show new volumes E and F. It showed the D drve to send to but nothing else except drive G where the folder already resides. I am very sure that there is a simple way to move folders to the new volumes. I will be gratefull if someone would kindly tell me how to do it. Also,please what is this New Volume business? XP did not have anything like it or am I missing something? :wub: EDIT: The system recognizez me as the Administrator. So that question does not arise.

After installation when I tried to create more partitions I was given the choice of creating New Volume E and later F. So, C+E+F took all 2TB. The dvd drive is listed as drive D:

Later I plugged in an external drive which the system named G. I clicked on a folder so it would change colour anf I would move it to another disk(Partition). That did not happen. So I right clicked on the folder and the drop down menu said" Send to" but then it would not show new volumes E and F. It showed the D drve to send to but nothing else except drive G where the folder already resides.

I am very sure that there is a simple way to move folders to the new volumes.


EDIT: The system recognizez me as the Administrator. So that question does not arise.


This reg. tweak works very well in XP, Vista or W7 and I alway add it to XP and W7 after a fresh install. It's a lot more handy than "send to" or any other method of moving files around. You can copy or move any file or folder to any other partition you like.

Download Copy To / Move To Registry Tweak (has been around for years).

[attachment removed]

These are auto-tweaks. Just download to desktop and double-click and it's done. There is also a manual way to do it (or undo it) and the link is on the download page. I'd advise to use the auto-method unless you are very familiar with editing your registry.

Before adding this Reg. tweak you might want to back-up your registry first with ERUNT just in case ar some stage you want to remove "Download Copy To / Move To Registry Tweak".
ERUNT - How to backup and restore the registry, Windows Made Easy - XP, Vista, Windows 7

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI