This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

How to (permanently) remove "Google suggest"

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Without using a registry hack and I'm not sure if one exists, permanently removing that silly drop-down suggestion box is impossible. Sure, you have an option to turn it off, but the next time you open your browser it's back again :smack:

What needs to be done is to change which google search you use. Until recently, I used google.com/custom which is a stripped down google search. No suggestion box, no advertising and no maps etc. But sadly, that google search has recently been disabled by google and all your searches there now return a google "we're sorry" error page.

Here is a google search address without the silly suggestions. Just copy and paste it into your address bar, press enter and then make it your home page :thumbup:

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en

[attachment removed]



Cheers,
Lee

PS edit:
That Google lettering in the above image, regularly changes (thank heavens).
That's interesting Rich. When I go to Google.com I always get the suggestions feature in IE and Opera and so does Zoe. She likes it though as I'm sure there are plenty of others that do to. It drives me nuts. Type in 1 or 2 letters of a search and it can read my mind and make suggestions accordingly (to whom has paid the most to obtain prime google positions) ? Cheers, Lee
In IE, under Internet Options, Content tab there is a Auto Complete settings. Looks like you can control it there. Like your wife, I also like the drop down suggestions which I do get with SeaMonkey, FireFox and IE. What I meant before was when I go to goggle.com I get the same clean page you posted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI