Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 counsel

counsel

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

Late this morning Outlook 2003 has stopped working. I have my wife on a home network (with the same settings as me) and she can access outlook. My internet connection is good and I can access the web. My only thought is that I may have a bug in my pc. Attached is a recent log from Hijack this. Any help will be appreciated.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:50:11 PM, on 11/3/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18828)
Boot mode: Normal

Edited by paws HJT log removed and now attached.Attached File  HJT.txt   18.35KB   368 downloads

Edited by paws, 07 June 2011 - 02:20 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 counsel

counsel

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

P.S. The error message I get when trying to access my email is "your server has unexpectanly terminated the connection". When I send a "test" message I get the error message "The specified server was found but there was no resonse from the server".

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi counsel,
Sorry to hear of the problem with your Computer and Outlook.
We do not analyse HJT logs in this subforum, but although being an old log...it does indicates that you had infections present at the time it was run (11/3/2009) (That doesn't seem to be very "recent" to me!)

In order to let a malware removal expert examine the inner workings of your machine, please go here:
http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388
Follow the detailed instructions posting your logs over there (not here in this subforum please)
Note this may or may not help with the Outlook problem... but this potential malware aspect needs addressing before we go any further.
Once your machine has been assessed as clear of malware post back here in this topic if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help.
In the meantime I will remove your HJT log and upload it as an attachment ( keep it away from the search engines etc.)
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate