Hello everyone ..
I really need help here ..
I have a Windows 7 running VAIO ..
I was just plugging my flash (and apparntly there was a virus in it) .. when i tried to open a folder in the flash .. Windows stopped working and restarted .. then did not start, instead startup repair showed up stating that it will automatically fix some problems .. but it couldn't .. so now im stuck in this and i can even open windows in save mode !
I had some options aside startup repair .. I tried System restore (It restored to date 18 May) but that did not work at all !!
now, is there is something i can do using the command promp ??
Please help me =( !!
Since malware is possible, go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.
Hello ,,
I didn't quite get what you said about malware and getting a clean bill of health ,,
If you meant to download the 3 software and scan my PC .. then I can't do that since Windows does not start !
Or did you mean to post my problem there instead ?
Hi Silphie
Yes just follow Rich's directions as far as you can, as shown in the his last post:
Since malware is possible, go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions.
If you can't get your machine to start up at all (even in safe mode) then just post as full details of the problem as you can over in that forum and they will advise on the next steps.
At some stage the experts over there will tell you that your machine has been cleaned…if you are then still having issues with it but which are not malware related, then post back here in this forum and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI