This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Window XP Recovery Virus - All files are Gone/Hidden

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just tried both again, and neither worked. Should I attempt them in Safe Mode? Would it make sense to just do a complete re-install of windows, which wouldn't be a big deal as I have all of my files backed up?
Hi, You may try in safe mode. If it still fails then that leaves nothing else than reinstall as sensible option to get those start menu items back.
Safe mode didn't help any either. I think I am just going to do a reinstall. Thank you for all your time and help Blade. It is truly appreciated.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI