This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear: Click.Giftload = Disaster Mode

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Forum, I've never used this kind of help before so I really need step-by-step instructions. Symptoms: Browser freezing Fan running like mad Messages that host processes have been stopped Blocked intrusion messages from Norton Firewall Blue screen Internal_Power_Error when I try to shut down Can only shut down with power button Only Spybot seems to find the infection, but there it is: Click.Giftload Actions: Tried to remove Click.Giftload with Spybot – no luck Googled everywhere to learn more about Click.Giftload and discovered what a mess I'm in Hired two online "tech support" services to remove it (both said they could) Both refunded money – their stuff didn't even FIND it I really want to remove this thing. I've backed up ALL my data, but reformatting the hard drive and re-installing everything is such a horrible thing. Do I need to keep this forum in a browser window to hear from you, or will you email me? Chris
:welcome:

Download DDS from one of the links below to your desktop

Link 1
Link 2

  • Double click the tool to run it.
  • A black Screen will open, just read the contents and do nothing.
  • When the tool finishes, it will open 2 reports, DDS.txt and attach.txt
  • Copy/Paste the contents of 'DDS.txt' into your post.
  • 'attach.txt' should be zipped using Windows native zip utility and attached to your post. Compress and uncompress files (zip files)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI