This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Clean This

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I got a message from Clean this that my computer was infected and to run a scan. Now I cannot open my computer I start in safe mode and get CLEAN THIS on the screen. Can anyone help. Phyllis

I got a message from Clean this that my computer was infected and to run a scan.
Now I cannot open my computer I start in safe mode and get CLEAN THIS on the screen.
Can anyone help.

Phyllis


Sorry to hear about your problems Phyllis,


Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388 read the info there and follow the posted directions.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html


Jimbo1
Jimbo1 Can I update you and then ask what I should do next. I did manage to start in safe mode and effect a "system restore" for a couple of days prior to the infection. My computer now seems to be working normally - is there anything I should now do to ensure the virus doesn't return. Thanks again. Phyllis

Jimbo1
Can I update you and then ask what I should do next.
I did manage to start in safe mode and effect a "system restore" for a couple of days prior to the infection.
My computer now seems to be working normally - is there anything I should now do to ensure the virus doesn't return.
Thanks again.
Phyllis


I am not the one who can tell you how not to ensure a virus doesn't return, the folks in the Malware Dept. are the ones who are the experts in this matter, this is why I was sending your there. I would still post in that section and explain what you did to seek advice from them. It still may be best to have your system looked over for infections, but that will be up to them to make that call.

Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI