This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Installed Programs List

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Does anyone know of a good program that will allow you to export a list of all your installed programs? I've looked at HTJs small list but it doesn't include several programs that appear under control panel. I have also tried another program called Belarc Advisor but it crashes every time I try to get my computer's profile so I'd like to see what else is out there. Any suggestions?
Can't say for sure, not needed such a tool personally so have never took any notice of what may or may not do this, but a quick look in my box of tools suggests that Revo may be able to do what you want, but I couldn't say if it's anything like you want, but can't hurt to look, click on File - Export To… and select what format you want it in, it even allows you to select various info about each item as well, you can de-select any extra info you don't want, hope this helps a bit anyway.
That sounds good and Revo shows almost all my programs but I don't see any File menu and I searched the manual for the word export and nothing came up. Do I need Revo pro because I just got the free version.
Hi Vectris, I just glanced at my Revo Pro registered copy. Under "File", appears the option: "Export to: with options for: Text HTML Excell __________________ If you do not see it immediately under "File" drop-down menu, then you may be correct that it is a paid version otion only. Best Regards
Sorry it does appear to be a pro feature, give System Information for Windows a try instead, it gives a wealth of info on the system as a whole, and you can highlight and copy and paste from it, it also allows a report to be produced, but I couldn't say what the report involves having not used that feature, but by one method or another I suspect this will do what you need, but it doesn't mean someone may know something better, hope this helps more than the last one lol.
Vectris, Using HJT.exe, did you navigate to : Open the Misc Tools section - Open Uninstall Manager Seems to be quite inclusive to me, though you may not want all the listed HotFix and securtity Updates. Use: "Save list" to create uninstall_list.txt
@8210Guy Thanks that works great. Copying and pasting keeps a tab-delimination so I can import it into excel and the program appears to have found all my programs, thanks! @Doug I did try that and it was pretty good but left out a few programs that I immediately noticed and I need the full list to make sure I'm not missing anything. The purpose is in case my computer crashes or if I get a new machine. It's easier to store just the names (and once I add it, links) to the programs I have then saving setup files or something like that.
Same dilemma. I tried Revo and researched on the web. Looked at Powershell, VBS, command prompt batch files. Decided to check CCleaner that I have installed. Open CCleaner >Tools>Uninstall> and on the bottom right you see "Export to Txt" Yes :)
I think last time I needed something like this, I used Revo (free version), and took screen shots and saved them. Not exactly a text list, but good enough for what I needed.
I think using DDS (The tool that is used for malware removal) can be helpful, if you only make it to scan the "Attach.txt" it shows you some information including list of your your programs in control panel.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI