This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Setting up a new processor with HDTV?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I work in the office of a small retail store using an old computer and have purchased a new Lenovo ThinkCentre from their outlet store. The stats: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core G6950 (2.80GHz, 3MB L2, 1066MHz FSB) Genuine Windows XP Professional - English (Downgraded from Windows 7 Professional) Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM UDIMM Memory 250GB, 7200RPM Serial ATA 2.5" Hard Drive DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer The information I received stresses the importance of – when turning it on for the first time – follow the instructions to complete the software installations (although – I don’t believe it has any software included). I wanted to get the computer set up while at home before taking it into the store but the monitor is at the store; I have a small LCD HDTV that I was going to connect using a VGA monitor cable. Will I be able to use the TV with RGB input while turning it on for the first time – or should I wait until I have the monitor from the store? I’m afraid to do anything right now because of fear that I won’t be able to see anything on the TV. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
:blush: I hear ya. In my defense - and I know I need one - the store I work/am a member of (it's a co-op) has 4 computers - all of which have XP OS with the primary use of a POS program networked together. We can't afford to upgrade all of the computers to W7 - along with the sad fact that most of the people working - don't do well with change….. :smack: They run me ragged…… I will sign off and start setting up the - sad to admit - downgraded - new computer…… :wavey: Thank you for your help and advise. :notworthy:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI