This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Windows 7 won't start / BSOD / Boot.Tidserv.B

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64b on a Gateway N53. It all started when all of the sudden I couldn't start Windows normally, only on safe mode. When I tried safe mode with networking, after a few minutes, or sometimes instantly, I would get the BSOD saying something about a "amdsata.sys" so I thought that was the problem. Sometimes I would get the BSOD mentioning the "storport.sys". Anyway, this is all in the past now, because my problem has gotten way worse! After a ran Norton Bootable Recovery Toll I discovered that my computer was infected with "Boot.Tidserv.B" and following instructions here I downloaded NTBR_CD and did everything that this topic (http://www.bleepingc…_1#entry2153104) told me to. Now my computer won't even start on safe mode and I get the BSOD without any mention to any particular file, it only says that it cannot start and I should do a CHKDSK /F. Which I can't because my computer won't turn on in ANY mode (safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt…)! Do you guys have any idea what could I do to get this back to normal!? No, I don't a a recovery point…
Since you are currently being assisted here and have a active request for assistance here, which I suggest you inform them about. As in you are currently being assisted.

Just so you know all us forums work together and are all staffed by volunteers that do this in our spare time and with the amount of people posting with malware problems we cannot afford to have two forums(or more) and more than one helper helping you, it would be unfair to other people posting for help.

This topic is now closed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI