This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Having restarting issues

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone!


Just recently I built my own custom built computer. The specs on it are:


The hard drive is: HD 1T|SEAGATE 7K ST31000528AS OEM - OEM
The processor is: CPU INTEL|PDC E6500 2.93G 2M RT
The cd drive is: DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS% - OEM
I have a second cd drive: HITACHI DVD-ROM GD-5000 ATA DEVICE
The RAM is: Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9K2/2G
and the motherboard is: MB ASUS|P5G41T-M/CSM G41 DDR3 RT
I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit architecture.

I just recently updated the RAM to: Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/4G.

I was having restarting issues previous to me putting in the larger memory RAM; but since I put in the new RAM the restarting issues are rampant. It took me 5 or more times to restart till I finally made it to windows. When I get in it tells me it restarts because of a blue screen error. I then get this message from Windows:



Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 001904FB
BCP2: A3ECB9E8
BCP3: A3ECB5C0
BCP4: 82E9AAD8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\021811-17628-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris Computer2\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30903-1…

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104…mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


I thought it might have to do with not getting proper air flow so I had to arrange my wires so it would, but sometimes it just restarts even before the computer has time to heat up, so I doubt that's the problem. Any ideas? Please let me know. Thank you!
Hello Mordimier, Sorry to hear you're having problems. Are you able to enter the BIOS and check the temperatures? When you installed the CPU, did you use Thermal Interface Material when you seated the heatsink? Cheers, Nahumi
Yes I used the thermal paste it came with although I admit I am not too confident in my applying it properly. I checked the temperature and it reads at 67 degree Celsius. I'm guessing that may be too high perhaps? I was thinking maybe I should clean it off and reapply again? For the blue screen error, I have looked on a variety of forums and they either point at heating/fan issues or driver issues with the bios.
Yes, 67 Celsius is a bit high for a computer that's only just booted up.

Read the topic bellow to clean the CPU/Heatsink and reapply the TIM :
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=103650

Note : Continuing to find a solution without reapplying the TIM may result in either catastrophic hardware failure, or at worst a fire and possible loss of life. High temperatures are a particularly dangerous issue. If you do not feel 100% confident in reapplying the TIM, please consult a trained Technician.
Wow, it made a total different after I followed the directions from the link. I cleaned and applied the silicon cooler paste correctly and I've been monitoring the CPU temperature. It's been staying at 54 degrees for some time now. Having no issues with it rebooting so far as well. The issue was definitely the heatsink fan and thermal paste. I got in to Windows and started playing a video and been watching the temperature in Speedfan. The CPU temperature fluctuates from 45-50 degrees.
That's much better. ^_^ You might notice that the temperature will go down a few extra degrees over the next week or two. The curing time of the TIM is dependent on the type of paste you use and how often the machine goes through a heat cycle. Generally speaking, if you can keep the temperature below 55C you should be okay. Increasing airflow throughout the case or using an after market cooler will also bring the heat down a little. You also have to keep in mind that temperatures are also affected by the ambient room temperature and the general efficiency of the CPU. If the problems come back, just post back here. Cheers, Nahumi

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI