Discussion
forum for commercial or for-profit folks
3 min read
Deleted Member
Topic Starter
The TOS of WTT says this site is for home use/home office. Does anyone know of a similar site to this one for commercial, for-profit, small business users? (Even if there's a reasonable membership fee to join?)
I find WTT is indispensable for my Windows computer for home use. It's worth it to pay a subscription to get similar top-notch help for a small business.
thanks
Doug
Your own ISP/webhost may be a good starting point for simple questions.
I would expect that there is an online-chat for those in a business who have Control Panel password protected access to a business website.
If you are looking for advanced information regarding Windows OS, you might consider Technet.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default
I would expect that there is an online-chat for those in a business who have Control Panel password protected access to a business website.
If you are looking for advanced information regarding Windows OS, you might consider Technet.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default
Blair
For clarity, let me state there are a number of IT pros here. Members and staff. We welcome small, medium and large business users!
The terms of use are only there for small, medium, and large business abusers. Sometimes we need to add lines to the TOS that are not intended to be strictly enforced, but required for cases of abuse. What is abuse? A cyber-cafe in India requesting we remove malware from all 16 of their systems. A system administrator posting 5-10 times every day, obviously in over their head. True stories.
The terms of use are only there for small, medium, and large business abusers. Sometimes we need to add lines to the TOS that are not intended to be strictly enforced, but required for cases of abuse. What is abuse? A cyber-cafe in India requesting we remove malware from all 16 of their systems. A system administrator posting 5-10 times every day, obviously in over their head. True stories.
Doug
Thank you Blair. Well stated. 
LDTate
The for-profit's can always donate to the WTT Team Member that helps, but they very seldom do and that's the "Rub" with helping for profits.The TOS of WTT says this site is for home use/home office. Does anyone know of a similar site to this one for commercial, for-profit, small business users? (Even if there's a reasonable membership fee to join?)
I find WTT is indispensable for my Windows computer for home use. It's worth it to pay a subscription to get similar top-notch help for a small business.
thanks
Our help is free while they charge their customer.
Most of the people that come to help sites can't afford to have a tech come to their home or take it into a repair shop.
paws
Most of the people that come to help sites can't afford to have a tech come to their home or take it into a repair shop.
I agree LDT 100%
That's the main reason that I post on the forum..even though I run a repair shop! ( and I think there's a lot of folks here like me who are motivated in exactly the same way…)
Jimbo1
Most of the people that come to help sites can't afford to have a tech come to their home or take it into a repair shop.
I agree LDT 100%
![]()
That's the main reason that I post on the forum..even though I run a repair shop! ( and I think there's a lot of folks here like me who are motivated in exactly the same way…)
Nods, Glad to give my time for help that I have recived, heck you cannot beat that with a stick.
Jimbo1
Deleted Member
When I donated to WTT recently did it go to any particular tech, did it go to WTT needs (e.g. keeping the forum server up and running), or to the techs who are teaching new techs in the classroom, … ? Just wondering.
You guys do a great job! Keep it up! 
Doug
WTT Forum is created and supported by the owner, who provides this venue at his expense, for the rest of us to offer help on a volunteer basis.
All of the contributors that you see in the Forums participate as Volunteers (regardless of Team designation).
WTT does allow helpers to include a link for direct donation, and some have done so.
Otherwise, links for donation that you may see are routed to a general WTT destination, as for instance, the link in my signature below.
All of the contributors that you see in the Forums participate as Volunteers (regardless of Team designation).
WTT does allow helpers to include a link for direct donation, and some have done so.
Otherwise, links for donation that you may see are routed to a general WTT destination, as for instance, the link in my signature below.