octotroph
Hello Guys,
Ztucker, I actually tried to load the Nt and 2000 on a brand new drive that I bought for that purpose. Thinking I would just use an old OS on the netbook. Now, what I was wondering about was whether the motherboard would have a problem with that. Even with a new hard drive installed that had never had any os on it, I still got "Media test failed. Operating system cannot be found." So, cleaning the old drive would basically have the same effect as using the new drive.
I bought this netbook because it was small and lightweight. I have another Toshiba that I paid 1500 for in 2006 and it is still running smoothly. So I think I will put this one to bed and I really appreciate all the help and effort that was offered on this site. If, somewhere down the road, I decide to spend more money on it (probably not) or figure out another thing to try and it succeeds to restore. I will definitely post it here.
Thank you all again and keep up the good work helping out the hopeless.
Virginia