Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MS Office 2007 workbook!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

hi friends! One of my friend gave me some excel workbooks which are actually made on 2007. i have office 2003 at my home so i needed to convert it through compatibility pack. I tried but it said failed to convert. i thought some problem with the pack, but it is successfully converting other 2007 files in to 2003. what could be the matter with this file?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hi, this does happen from time to time.. Its usually either: 1 a corrupt file that you have been sent 2 formatting in a cell that does not allow the converter to work correctly 3 A macro or other device in the file that is causing the trouble. A quick and easy solution is to ask the owner of the file to resend it to you in Excel 2003 format (they just need to "save as" on their computer with the Excel workbook open, and select 97-2003 file format from the dropdown box. If they then email it to you, you should have no problems.... But if you still have still no joy when opening the new file directly from your email client, then save the new file to your desktop and then open it from there with Excel Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Thanks i guess i have left with NO other option than asking that person to send me files again.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

left with NO other option

No there's alwyays an option...... :D
Take a look here:
http://office.micros...A001034656.aspx
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate