Hello Again,
I have a problem when booting up and subsequently using my netbook running on Windows XP. For no apparent reason when I boot up I receive an error message as per the attached which when closed then re-opens with a subsequent message for every application used whilst booting up. Eventually the messages are ceased and the screen looks as my normal desktop but as I try to open any application the message reappears relevant to whatever application I open up. This problem has materialised from nowhere and has made my Netbook unusable. Can you offer any solution other than throwing it in the rubbish bin, dropping it from a tall building (making sure no-one is walking below) or throwing it into the Thames?
I should mention that I have no installion disk so unable to check whatever the message requests.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Norman R
Paws,
I should add that when I boot up and cancel the error message it re-appears again listing another application or exe file. When I cancel the next one the situation is repeated in total 57 times before I am able to use the computer. Even then as I open any application, the message appears every time.
Norman
Hi NormanR
Ok
Try this:
The first error message you posted (the one in your screen dump) could be a "left over" entry from a bit of spyware that has been dealt with by your resident antivirus application…..
However the latest signs you describe indicate that you may have active malware resident on your computer.
To check this out please go here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388
post your logs following the instructions so that the malware removal experts can see what is going on inside your computer, they will be able to ascertain if it is a malware issue that is at the bottom of it and if so, go through the steps with you so as to clean it out.
Please only post your logs in the virus spyware and malware removal forum…thanks
When the malware experts tell you your logs indicate your machine is clean of infections and undesirable code, post back here if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws
Paws,
I can find nothing that equates to the error message. All I see is a list of exe file in the Command list and their location. I have done a HijackThis scan just in case it is of any help.
NormanR
📎WTT_HJT_for_NormalR.txt
I have no idea what the previous message is about or indeed if it were intened for me. Paws, have you forgotten me?
Norman R
Hi Norman R
Paws has recommended that you post this difficulty to our Malware Removal Forum - Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal Because he suspects your machine may have an active infection that requires specialists to remove.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI