This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Need Help Building a Decent Gaming Computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm new to these forums and I need some help building a new gaming computer from scratch. I also want to keep it under 1000 if possible. I will be playing World of Warcraft mainly, which isn't that demanding. But, I also plan to play other games such as Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not sure if these games need a very powerful system, but I know lag would be the worst thing on a fps! Well, I'm just looking for a nice build with a i7 processor, decent RAM, decent graphics, a decent hard drive and also it would be great if it was easily upgraded. So, please give me some advice on which parts I should get! Thanks!
Greetings. Where are you?

By 1,000 are you referring to US dollars?

If so Newegg is a good shopping resource as they have developed a very precise "filtering" system for parts per price etc.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Computer.aspx?…mputer-Hardware


Next what do you need? Everything? Including monitor/keyboard/mouse etc.

Do you have anything to reuse? Hard drives; DVD drives; case; etc.


You should be able to build a decent system sans a monitor for @ $1,000 USD.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI