This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

work offline

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I was greatly appreciate any help with this and I am no computer wiz so please be as "lay" as poss with me. The problems are adding up and my desktop is almost worthless…. Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E5200@2.50GHz Windows ME Frequent Message: Windows Live Quick Time Control Host has stopped working. This occurs when I am on the internet New yesterday: I am stopped when online and when looking at Tools: work offline is checked. This keeps occuring about every 1 second and then automatically tries to redial unsucessfully. I can uncheck work offline long enough to enter one new window……. I put my PC to sleep last night only to wake to some disk pics showing on my screen as a slide show! Any help would be Very, GREATLY appreciated.! also, I checked stop pop ups but they keep coming. The pop ups target the website I'm currently on, naming it ("Attention MSU students..you have won….) or ("Attention Verizon Wireless customers…) one final note: e-mails are being sent from my hotmail account without me even being online……
Posted Image

Your Windows ME is so outdated we won't be able to offer much help.


You could try System Restore.

1.
Click Start.

2.
Point to All Programs.

3.
Point to Accessories.

4.
Point to System Tools.

5.
Click System Restore.

6.
Follow the instructions on the wizard.

See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI