Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

win7 64 bit-vpn-server2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 watcher6342

watcher6342

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

i installed vpn and server 2003 onto what i thought was my usb drive, now i dont have internet connection on my comp. my wireless router is working and all other comps have no trouble getting online. i tried sys restore and it said it could not complete restore. also there were windows updates that were installed about the same time. could someone please give me some suggestions on what may be the problem.i am average user, but am looking to learn more, any help will be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 watcher6342

watcher6342

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

im interested in trying to learn about IT. at work they use server 2003 and a vpn. i want to be able to install a similiar getup on my system at home. they run xp pro at work 32 bit. i run win 7 64 bit at home with a wireless router connecting 2 more desktops and 1 laptop. can anyone give me advice on how to make this work if possible? where to start and in which order. also, my isp says that im not allowed to have a server, so does this mean its going to be a problem?

#3 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hello watcher6342, Could you be a bit clearer about what you want the outcome to be? As far as I can gather, you're trying to remotely control a computer over LAN. If that's the case, then you won't need to run a Windows 2003 Server, nor will it break any terms and conditions with your ISP. When they say you can't run a server, they tend to mean you can't run a server which accesses the internet. Anyway, there may be a quicker and easier way to achieve what you want. Cheers, Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

I don't think he's looking for another way. He wants to emulate what is being done at work. I have no experience with Windows 2003 or VPN so can't be of help though. Hopefully one of the other folks can.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

http://forums.whatth...h...=116043&hl=
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.