This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't read pdf format

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had to have my computer reformatted, and now I can't read pdf format. I've downloaded adobe reader, but not sure what else I need to do? Help? Thanks :) I have xp professional OS.
Forget about adobe reader and install Foxit Reader

Download from here -> Foxit Reader

Go slow with the installation though, make sure you uncheck the 2 options and click Decline when u get to this screen

[external image: Posted Image]
Chances are you probably didn't associate .pdf files to Adobe Reader during the installation. That should be fairly easy to fix. Right click on the PDF file,select "Open With" and then select "Choose Default Program". Then find Adobe Reader in the list, tick the "Always use the selected program" tick box. Click Apply, and it should work properly. Either that, or use Foxit. I've never used it myself, but I've heard good things.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI