This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Connection points for power/reset/LED on motherboard

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have a MSI, MS-6547 Vers:2.1 motherboard. I am trying to find the right pins to plug in the wires for the power button, reset button and LED. Or should I be asking MSI about this in particular? I have a general idea of where they go. I see where it reads HDD, Reset, and PWR, but I am a unsure how to plug them in exactly.
Hello Mordimier, The user manual that came with your motherboard should tell you exactly how to plug everything in. You just have to make sure you get the LED+ and LED- cables are in the right way round. Again, this will be specified in the user manual. Hope that helps, Nahumi
with both the pwr and reset wires it doesn't matter which way you connect them to the motherboard, as long as the pwr wires are connected the the pwr pins and the reset wires are connected to the reset pins, the + wire can be connected to the - pin on the motherboard and - wire to the + pin on the motherboard, or the correct way of + wire to + pin on the motherboard and - wire to the - pin on the motherboard, and the switches will still work fine, this is because all both do, is to complete a circuit when pressed and the direction of current flow through the switch doesn't matter. but with the hdd led wires, the led will only light up if the power flows through the led one way, so the + wire must be connected to the + pin on the motherboard and the - wire to the - pin on the motherboard. :popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI