This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Advice for Building Gaming Comp

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It has been a while since I built my last computer, but it is time for me to get a new one, so I am looking for some advice on what to get. The games that I play are going to be Star Craft 2, Wow Cataclysm, Crysis, and Far Cry 2. I am looking for the most computer for my money and looking to spend around $1000 for now and upgrade as I can. The main things I want is a good motherboard and processor. Thanks for the help.
what are you looking to get for the $1000 do you need an operating system, case, dvd drive, mouse/keyboard, monitor included in the price? :popcorn:
I do not need a monitor, key board, mouse, or operating system included, I have a Windows 7 from school that I haven't installed so I am good one those.
so many different combo's etc but here's my choices:-

cpu:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16819115213
motherboard:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16813128412
memory:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16820231277
gpu:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16814125327
psu:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16817139009
ssd boot drive:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16820227542
data drive:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16822136533
optical drive:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16827106289
case:- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16811119196

came to about $1080

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI