Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Porting csv file!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

I recently bought android phone so I was transferring all my dat from my old phone to the new phone. On my old phone, I was using an application to track down my expenses that allows to export the csv file of the data that I have saved. Now, on the android phone, I find a separate application for the same purpose. It also allows exporting and importing of csv files. I am trying to import the csv file generated from my old phone to the new android phone. I am not able to do this as the format of the csv files for both the applications are different. I am posting both the files for old and new. Can anyone please let me know the procedure to change the format of the old csv file so that the format is supported by the new application. Pleaase note that both the files look identical (also the formatting selected for the cells is same) when opened in MS Excel whereas the contents look different when opened in Notepad. I am pasting the example row from each file when opened in Notepad below: Example row from application in old phone 3/13/2010 11:58,Atm,Citibank,600 Example row from application in new phone "03-03-2010 09:49","Bus","test",-43 Now, I can change the format manually by opening the old file in Notepad but since there are hundreds of rows in the file, it is very tedious to do this manually. Is there any restriction in this forum to upload excel files?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

You can compress (zip) the excel file and then post.

Keep in mind that your excel file may contain personally or business related identifying information.
That would need to be your evaluation and decision.

Would this Topic fit better in Consumer Electronics Forum where Hand-helds and phones are more typically discussed?

If you think so, I will move this Topic, rather than have you start a new Topic.
Let me know your preference.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

sorry for the late reply doug...the issue is resolved now...