This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Porting csv file!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently bought android phone so I was transferring all my dat from my old phone to the new phone. On my old phone, I was using an application to track down my expenses that allows to export the csv file of the data that I have saved. Now, on the android phone, I find a separate application for the same purpose. It also allows exporting and importing of csv files. I am trying to import the csv file generated from my old phone to the new android phone. I am not able to do this as the format of the csv files for both the applications are different. I am posting both the files for old and new. Can anyone please let me know the procedure to change the format of the old csv file so that the format is supported by the new application. Pleaase note that both the files look identical (also the formatting selected for the cells is same) when opened in MS Excel whereas the contents look different when opened in Notepad. I am pasting the example row from each file when opened in Notepad below: Example row from application in old phone 3/13/2010 11:58,Atm,Citibank,600 Example row from application in new phone "03-03-2010 09:49","Bus","test",-43 Now, I can change the format manually by opening the old file in Notepad but since there are hundreds of rows in the file, it is very tedious to do this manually. Is there any restriction in this forum to upload excel files?
You can compress (zip) the excel file and then post.

Keep in mind that your excel file may contain personally or business related identifying information.
That would need to be your evaluation and decision.
_____________________

Would this Topic fit better in Consumer Electronics Forum where Hand-helds and phones are more typically discussed?

If you think so, I will move this Topic, rather than have you start a new Topic.
Let me know your preference.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI