This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Strange viusal effect, now comp won't start

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I soo need your marvelous help forum! Running Windows XP 64-bit SP 2 on a Dell Precision 690 and did system updates earlier. One thing that was bizarre was when I launched Opera that had much tabs open, Java program started to randomly launch. All of a sudden both monitors went completely black and the main left one had the most bizarre effect I've ever seen. There was a light gray smoke fizzle effect that looked like everything was being dissolved away from the center on out. After that, nothing happened. I shut the system down. Now Windows opt system won't fully start up, blue screen says if it did, the system could be corrupted. Safe Mode, Start In Last Working Config, Safe Mode w/ Networking, etc. doesn't work. This is the error code the blue screen gave me, Technical Info: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (OxFFFFFFADF 5D4 OF 3C0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) It suggested to do a virus scan, but how can I if none of the boot modes work? I don't know what to do :'( please help. Don't know if this is actually a virus but it sure feels like one.
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons: 1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required 2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval 3.) Abusive language or other problems in your text 4.) Your topic is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help. ==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI