Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE8 Developer Tools flashing on screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Meerkat Max

Meerkat Max

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

When I open IE8, the screen flashes constantly and Developer Tools keeps flashing up preventing login to web sites. :pullhair: I'm running XP and have tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling. Helped for a while, but now starting to come back. No viruses or malware detected.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Try running IE8 without Add-ons, see if that makes a difference. # Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click on Go. or # Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) If that does help, then use Tools / Manage Add-ons to disable them a few at a time until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Meerkat Max

Meerkat Max

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Thanks, I've tried that before, but no luck. I tried it again and still doesn't solve the problem. It appears when you try to enter text to log onto a site and stops you entering the information, or you have to keep clicking back in the text box to ensure that you can complete the login. Meanwhile screen just flashes. Don't know what to try next! :(

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hi, Ok
take a look here:
http://social.answer...22-b967ed5eb5d0
and follow the rest of the recommendations.
Let us know which one of these steps does the trick.... if it does the trick that is!
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 Meerkat Max

Meerkat Max

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for that Paws. I've worked through all of the advice and nothing has helped unfortunately. There is a longer string about the same problem under 'IE8 Developer Tools Bug' on the Microsoft forums. The problem appears to affect users of IE8 using XP, Vista, or Windows 7 and so far there seems to be no answer in a year and a half. :o There must be an answer! (Yes, I know - use another browser) I'm using Google Chrome instead when I can, but I hate to be defeated by Microsoft. :(

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

So uninstalling then reinstalling IE8 makes things better for awhile, right? Then after awhile it starts to happen again. I would recommend doing the uninstall and reinstall then be very observant of what gets installed in IE8 after that to try to identify what finally causes the problem.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown