This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Freeware program that will check if keyboard keys are working properly

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm looking for a freeware program for Windows that will help in checking if all the keys and/or LEDs on a keyboard are functioning correctly. I liked ( passmark ) this shareware program's features (which does that and more), but I would prefer a freeware alternative.

Edit: Title wording
dazed_00,

You are stretching the rules regarding commercial advertisement in the Forums.

While your interest in keyboard testing is understandable, your posting of a commercial product link is not.
"hxxp://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm"]
Since you have been able to find this commercial product, it is implausible that you would not have also done a simple search to discover other alternatives.

How about good ole' Mr. Google, or your own favorite search engine of choice?
http://www.google.com/search?q=KeyboardTes…lient=firefox-a

Best Regards
Dear Sir, I am NOT advertising that product. I put that link to better illustrate what kind of software features I am looking for. If you are willing to reconsider, please put the link back in its original format.

How about good ole Mr. Google, or your favorite search engine of choice?
http://www.google.com/search?q=KeyboardTes…lient=firefox-a

I haven't been able to find a freeware version of the software I requested through web search, Google or otherwise. (By the way, is it OK to advertise Google, a commercial website, here? :) ) That's why I posted in the forums in the first place. If you notice, in that search link, most, if not, all of them are shareware. They're either shareware or they do not have the features I need.

If anyone has succesfully found a software with the features I'm looking for thru web search (and also freeware) , then please, by all means, post it here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI