Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Excel Query!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

I have a excel query: I have the following type of text in hundreds of rows: 03 Mar 2010 09:49:00 GMT+05:30 I have to delete GMT+05:30 from each row in that cell What is the easy way for doing this? I can do it by applying a formula in excel but it is of no use to me as it takes the reference of the old cell. Can it be done in any way in excel 2007?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Not that i know of. I guess 2003 and 2007 are not that change as far facilities are concerned. But if anybody knows any hint to do that, i would be interested to learn as i am an EXCEL learner as well.

#3 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

It's going to really depend on how that information got in the cell in the first place. It could be as simple as reformatting the cells.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#4 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:04 AM

Hey, It is resolved. It is very simple. 03 Mar 2010 09:49:00 GMT+05:30 Press Ctrl+F and select Replace tab. Now, type GMT+05:30 in Find What field and leave Replace with Field. Now, click on Replace All button and done!!!

#5 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

From search option find all and delete. And second method is that replace all this name by blank space.