Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Power Point

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Not sure if this is the correct place to post or not. The question I need to ask, Can you rotate a slide 90 deg. or 180 deg, looking at my toolbars and such and not finding a command function to do so. Reason I am asking this the projector we just bought for the church the slides are displayed upside down, even tho the progector is mounted as per instructions and hanging from the celing. Thanks, Jimbo1

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

I am by no means any kind of an expert at this... but this should be a function of your projector if all slides are upside down. Check your projector documentation and see if you have something like Mirror adjustment and then invert. Or some have a Ceiling Mount setting in the setup menu.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

I am by no means any kind of an expert at this... but this should be a function of your projector if all slides are upside down. Check your projector documentation and see if you have something like Mirror adjustment and then invert. Or some have a Ceiling Mount setting in the setup menu.

Thanks, went ahead and done that, I am Assisting the Pastor of the church I am at and the person who was there bought this projector, hooked it up and it showing images upside down mounted from the celing, but now he is no longer at the church, he moved on.

Now that they found out I am a computer tech o lets dump it on him he can fix it, I should have said not me I know nothing hehehe, but ya I will take a crack at it. Saw a section in the manual now that you told me saying 3 selections Front/Ceiling - when projector is mounted upside down from the ceiling. and 2 other selections.

Will have to go to the church and play with now to see what happens, will let ya know.

Jimbo1

Edited by Jimbo1, 04 November 2010 - 11:25 AM.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Hi Jimmy, if its the whole slide that is showing upside down then I agree with Tomk..as its probably the settings on the projector.
However if its the image (picture) on a slide then its easy to rotate this using PowerPoint..

Select the AutoShape or picture/image you want to rotate.
Note If you don't see the Drawing toolbar in the lower left corner of the program window, on the View menu point to Toolbars and then click Drawing.

Click on Draw ( bottom left corner of screen) in MS Powerpoint MSO 2003)
point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Free Rotate or as you please.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi Jimmy, if its the whole slide that is showing upside down then I agree with Tomk..as its probably the settings on the projector.
However if its the image (picture) on a slide then its easy to rotate this using PowerPoint..

Select the AutoShape or picture/image you want to rotate.
Note If you don't see the Drawing toolbar in the lower left corner of the program window, on the View menu point to Toolbars and then click Drawing.

Click on Draw ( bottom left corner of screen) in MS Powerpoint MSO 2003)
point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Free Rotate or as you please.
Regards
paws

Cool thanks Paws just tryed it out on a slide, I will go to the church and check the setting to be sure its set right, if not, each slide that I or others do will have to be flipped upside down in order for it to show right on the screen. Whew that could be a big pain in the neck, so it has to be the projector is not set up right for a ceiling mount setting.

Will let you know the results.

Jimmy

#6 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Alot of churches I'm familiar with have a laptop (or something) that allows them to control the slides. If you have to invert all of the slides in order for them to show correctly...you will end up with upside down slides on your computer screen. :wacko:
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#7 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:42 PM

Update: Went to the church Saturday and had a copy of the manual in hand and did some reading and went to choose the front/ceiling setting and wala, the slides are showing right side up or the normal way now. Had to tweek the other settings and such to get it to fix the screen and had to set their labtop up also. but now it good to go. Having a business meeting this Wednesday night, going to get them to think about buying MS Office, Easy Worship, and Remote Point Jade so they can be set up right to do all their song, sermons and what not. I think this setup would do them nice. Jimmy

Edited by Jimbo1, 09 November 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#8 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate