Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Ie 8 not displaying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:03 AM

hi a strange little problem when i forward some email links to pages to my wife it does not open in IE just shows a small picture thumbnail in the top left hand corner. If i click on a link when i receive an email i have no problem in opening it straight away.the browser is the same for both of us so i am at a loss as to why this should happen. any ideas please. i installed google chrome as used this on my wifes profile & it pened the link straght away so there must be some sort of setting on her IE to mine. vince29

Edited by vince29, 01 November 2010 - 04:05 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Vince, first try ruinning IE without Add-ons. If that helps then you need to figure out which Add-on is causing the problem.
  • Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click on Go.
  • Or click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
If it works correctly, then start IE normally then click on Tools, Manage Add-ons and start disabling a few at a time until you find the one that is causing the problem.

If that does not help, try resetting IE to is installed state: Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

many thanks for your response tried all your suggestions still no luck

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Right click on the link you sent in her E-mail, select Copy link then paste it here. I want to see what it looks like as that should helkp determine what is wrong.

For instance, a link I send myself to this thread looks like: http://forums.whatth...howtopic=115329 in my E-mail.

Rich

#5 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

hi thanks for the continued help below is the link

http://ak.imgag.com/...125133/graphic1

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

Is it always a card like that? It's a .swf (Shockwave Flash File) so try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player (ActiveX and Plugin if both are there) then install the latest available, see if that helps: Adobe Shockwave Player. Once installed, test it here: Adobe - Flash Player

Rich

#7 vince29

vince29

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

Hi many thanks it all appears to be working now perhaps when i fist installes it i did not click all users. but any way it is working now. . again many thanks

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Glad to hear it's working, thanks for letting me know.

Rich